7 February 2020 update
Current advice from the NSW Government for parents and affected staff is:
* Any student or staff member who has been in, or transited through, mainland China (not just Hubei province) on or after 1 February is excluded from school or child care services for 14 days from the date they left mainland China (as the novel coronavirus' incubation period can be as long as two weeks).
* Any confirmed case of novel coronavirus will be excluded until they are medically cleared to return.
* Close contact of a confirmed case of novel coronavirus will be excluded for 14 days since last contact with the confirmed case.
* For visitors to China prior to 1 February, the previous advice remains that any student or staff member who has visited Hubei province is excluded from school or child care services for 14 days from the date of their departure, and anyone who was in the rest of China is requested not to attend school or child care services for a period of 14 days after the date of their departure.
* More information can be found at NSW Health https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/hubei-contacts-and-travellers.aspx
Students who returned to Australia from mainland China more than 14 days ago and have shown no symptoms are able to return to school.
The Ministry of Health has processes in place to identify any close contacts of cases confirmed in Australia. Advice about not attending school would be provided to these close contacts by the Ministry of Health.
There has been a small number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in NSW.
Consistent with current guidelines, staff and students who are unwell with respiratory illness should remain at home until symptoms resolve. In accordance with our current practice if any child becomes unwell we will implement our infection control guidelines and follow the advice provided by the Ministry of Health as appropriate.
The Department of Education will continue to work with the Ministry of Health to monitor and respond to the unfolding international novel coronavirus situation.
The NSW Ministry of Health has advice and resources about novel coronavirus in English and Mandarin https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/coronavirus.aspx
30 Jan 2020 update
Revised Enrolment Date: 15 Feb 2020, Time: 10:00am - 12:00noon
Revised Term 1 commence Date:
15 Feb 2020, Morning classes: 9:30am-12:30, Afternoon classes: 1pm-4pm
28 Jan 2020 update
The NSW Education Department has just announced that school children who have travelled to China in the last two weeks have been asked to stay home from school until after the 14 day incubation period is over.
This announcement has yet been updated on the NSW Education website but the news has been reported on here for details.
Our school issues the same advice to parents.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN TRAVELLING IN CHINA AND RETURNED WITHIN THE LAST TWO WEEKS PLEASE DELAY YOUR ENROLMENT AND ATTENDANCE AT THE SYDNEY CHINESE SCHOOL FOR TWO WEEKS.
TEACHERS AT OUR SCHOOL WILL ENSURE THAT YOUR CHILD’S LEARNING IS NOT DISADVANTAGED.
27 Jan 2020 update
NSW Health statement on the novel Coronavirus (新型冠状病毒) 2019, click here for details.
新南威尔士州教育部于学生返校前向家长提供的建议, click here for details.
如果您希望您的孩子学习中国语文和中华文化, 打下坚实的语文基础, 您已来到正确的地方。
欢迎来到雪梨中文学校网页。在这里你可以了解我们的学校, 我们的历史, 教育哲学, 课程和设施。学生可以复习课程和检查学习进度。本网站的设计是给家长们了解我们提供什么给学生和帮助他们分享子女们的学习经验。
学校日记 . . .